|Trout fish series # 3, acrylic on wood panel, 2013|
Facts that I know about fish:
- My dad eats fish once a week every Friday. Not for any religious reason. Just because it's good for you. He runs half-marathons. He's going to be 75 this year.
- We like to eat tilapia.
- The kids love shrimp.
- It's not good to eat too much canned tuna because of the high levels of mercury.
- I have a science magazine from years ago that shows the strange creepy world of fish species deep deep deep in the ocean waters (think aliens and science fiction movies).
- Man is trying to capture live footage of the elusive giant squid. I think they got some footage not too long ago.
- Why don't people like to eat squid? The Greek are great at making fried squid. Delicious.
- When I was in New Brunswick some twenty years ago on vacation (by myself), I went to the beach for a swim and not only was the water freaking cold, but was full of jellyfish. I still went in the water and of course I got stung. I also got a nasty sunburn on my legs. Fun times.
- I love lobster the way they do it at the Deer Garden chinese restaurant here in Montreal's Chinatown. I started going there in my early twenties. Both our kids were brought up on that food (Lorenzo loves the won ton noodle soup. Greta loves the spring rolls)
- Do snails qualify as fish? Why are they sold in fish markets? I love them with garlic.